Starting Thursday, August 4, 2022, through Wednesday, August 10, 2022, around 7 AM each day, Mayer Specialty Services will be cleaning the sanitary sewer lines in the
· ALLEY between the 100-300 block of South Main and South Chisholm
· ALLEY between the 600-00 block of North Main and North Market
· ALLEY between the 00-300 block of South Main and South Market
· ALLEY between the 600-00 block of North Market and North Osage
· ALLEY between the 00-300 block of South Market and South Osage
· ALLEY between the 600-00 block of North Osage and North Webb
· ALLEY between the 00-100 block of South Osage and South Webb, continuing behind the alley of 100-400 South Osage
A colored map of the areas being serviced can be viewed at City Hall, cityofcaldwellks.com, or facebook.com/cityofcaldwellks . Don’t hesitate to give us a call to see if your property is in the cleaning areas!
Sewer lines can develop air pressure or a partial vacuum from the cleaning process. Usually, any excess air pressure or vacuum will dissipate through your plumbing vents, but occasionally there are some homes with inadequate plumbing vents (no vents, undersized vents, or obstructed vents). In the case of inadequate venting, air pressure could escape through your toilet, floor, sink, tub, or shower drains causing water to splash out or, a vacuum could draw the water out of your fixture traps causing an unpleasant odor.
To guard against this possibility please:
· cover all floor drains with plastic wrap and place a weight on top of the plastic
· cover all toilets with plastic wrap and close the lid on the plastic
· if you should experience an unpleasant odor, run water into each drain to refill the traps
Water and drains may be used as normal.
Please note that the annual cleaning of the sanitary sewers is necessary to help prevent stoppages and blockages.
Thank you for your cooperation and our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
If you have any questions please call the Caldwell Public Works Department at 620.845.6676 or City Hall at 620.845.6514.